Sunday 2 September 2012

iS It O.k?


Some days, I feel so challenged by my job. When I decided to teach yoga, I never thought it would change my life in so many ways; especially the way see myself...


A friend asked, "why do we feel we have to train so much"...


It is a mad world... 

The job makes you question yourself a lot
Here are a few thought patterns...

"OMG did I say the right thing? Was that actually right??" 

-checks books, refers website, consults teachers... and then even after all that, checks again..

"Oh man, that was not good / That did not feel right"

- goes and practice 

"They are not getting any better, I am not doing something"

-checks books, refers website, consults teachers... and then even after all that, checks again..

"They are amazing!! I need to keep up if I want to keep serving them"

- increase practice, does more training, workshops, classes etc

"what did she just say??" "maksikanagasana" wt...

- goes and studies asana index again

"man! words are not flowing out of the mouth today"

- sulks

"Can't do that! Can't do that! Can't do that!"

- ponders... decides it's not important one day, decides it is the next - depending on who's training or workshop just attended 

"fibula, tibia, ulna, radius...psoas..where is it again?? S.I, T-bands...arrgghhh"

- studies more anatomy

"chakra? yes yes, I can name the seven, no i don't know how to cleanse them and i cannot tell if they are blocked"

-...... 

"yayy full class tonight!"

- delighted smirking

"so few in class today. I suck"

-panics

Attends a class "wow! she is amazing! am i like that? I don't think so..."

- worries

Hahaha

I love my job. It is a constant challenge to believe in myself, trust what I know and to trust the universe <3





No comments:

Post a Comment