Tuesday 9 April 2013

Narayanan Krishnan

I am full of awe for those who understand their role in dharma so clearly! I personally know a handful of people like that and it is through interacting with them that I have a clearer understanding of the meaning "that without which nothing can stand (dharma)"
It is always a humbling and inspiring experience to be around them. They do not try to be anyone special, but you feel the magic of their presence; it touches you, softens you and fills you with a sense of love, that comes from the kindness of their heart...    

The CNN Heroes page is a great great source of inspiration if you ever are in need of one. I came across it in 2009 when some friends were rallying around Budi Soehardi but I had not been following it since, until last week, and came across this guy Narayanan Krishnan. I don't really need to say more. Click on the link below and check it out. You can also read about his work here and follow his work at Akshaya Trust

narayanan at CNN
I am very aware of how lucky I am to have access to food 24 hours a day, every single day. And grateful as well that I can stroll into the supermarket and pick up any food I like. I can even buy food that has been organically grown in Costa Rica and a variety of ingredients from all over the world- just five minutes walk from my door! Lucky me!

Not all of us feel dharma so strongly. And respect to those who do not claim to know it! We should not feel guilty if we are not out there saving the world. It is not for everyone, which is why these guys who do do this, are so amazing. Some of us are placed in the right place, at the right time to do the work necessary. And some of us are placed elsewhere so that we may help them. Money is an exchange of energy and one of the ways we can reach out to help. Although giving money is "easy", it should not be seen as something soulless or simple. Every penny comes about from an exchange of energy- the energy you have put in to keep society going, that in turn enables these guys to expand good their work. It is all necessary and all equally important.

Please reach out. 
On his site, it shows that US$400 (around £265) can feed 425 people 3 meals a day!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment