Thursday 11 April 2013

Shine! Click Click!

I am sat here waiting for my friend, who will be my photographer today...
My hands are sweaty and my stomach is turning..
Last year, during my 'Four Desires' training with my teacher Rod Stryker, it came up in my work that I would make every effort to be in the background so I made a sankalpa to 'shine like a bright star'. I am not sure if I have been doing much shinning since then, but I have definitely become more conscious of my background hiding..


O.K... so he has come and gone!
It has been a good experience for me on a few levels; getting over myself, not really believing I can look anything special, trusting someone with my vulnerabilities, trusting myself?! I thought it was going to be harder doing this with a friend who is also a yogi, but it turned out great as we were completely honest with each other and had the same idea where this was going. You will soon see that I still did a lot of hiding but it was a great big first step for me and I am really so happy I did it. I am also so grateful to my friend for this experience and especially, for making GREAT compositions! I felt comfortable once I saw the first shot. It was no longer about me but about our expression of a combination of things that we both loved - yoga, colours, photography, alignment...The pictures are beautiful and I feel good about them. But... whilst I love them, it was a lot about the experience! I was thinking throughout, i can do this!! I am doing it! I did it!! :-)))))

At the end of the session, we tried to shoot a portrait and I have to say... epic fail on my part. Ultimately... when it is just about me, the challenge continues. Frustrating!
But I am on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment