Wednesday 1 June 2016

Grow Together



When you find a teacher that resonates with you, inspires you and ignites your own fire, stick to them! There is so much to gain from working with one teacher. Give them the opportunity to get to know your body & what you seek from your practice. In this way, you open the gateway for them to serve you. The more time you give them, the more opportunity you will both have to grow together.
As a teacher myself, I am excited & grateful when a student is willing to stay. Through the times when i am interesting, entertaining and inspiring, but also when I seem to have nothing much to share (a digestion time or just an uninspired time!) The more I learn about someone's body, the deeper I get to study, the ways in which to support them in their practice. In depth understanding cannot be fostered in a short time and as a teacher, my study and progress can only be made when a student stays. Now in my 10th year teaching, I am confident to walk into any room to present a class to anybody, but on a general level. All the benefits of practice will be there; moving your body, feeling more focused & relaxed, feeling energised, feeling good about yourself, etc. Beyond this though, there is so much more to be gained from practice that can only attained when trust, understanding, connection & surrender is present, both ways.
Find your teacher, and give them & yourself, a chance- the old way.

No comments:

Post a Comment