Monday 13 June 2016

Reflection

Last week, someone asked me if i ever got bored of teaching. I get asked this regularly. It has been 10 years after all, and, i believe, around 10,000 hours of teaching. 
Bored, no.
I also get asked often, how i stay inspired to do this every day enthusiastically :-D 

Truthfully, i am fuelled by people.
I love meeting people. I love chatting to people. I love connecting with people- which is why i love social media also. 

Every single time I walk into a space to teach, I am immediately lifted by everyone's presence- whether it's one or one hundred. No one class has ever felt the same, just like not one practice ever, just like not one day ever. My inspiration to teach comes from my love of watching people move, & even more so, watching as the practice unravels their realisation of their strength & brilliance. 

The only difference is that after years of teaching, I have my roots and am fully able to be authentic in my delivery. Delivering only what I know, what I practice and what I feel in my body and in my heart and what i truly believe. Not trying to be more, not trying to fit into anything, not trying to please anyone. Just serving the practice as i understand it. I am sure this helps keep the love for the work. And of course, the immense love of the practice itself!  <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment